Monday, October 24, 2011

What a Day!

DNS + 105, +62, +16.

I looked at selling GMCR covered calls this morning but decided I didn't want to find my shares sold low in a short squeeze. The frequently overlooked "Do Nothing" option pays off again. GMCR and FMCN were up 8.7% and 8.6% respectively.

Trades:

PVH's second gap up scared me. While that's what we want as investors, I didn't want to be wishing I had sold the December call options when the price falls to fill the gap, so I sold 'em. +28.3% for my account and +129.6% for an untracked account, both less commissions. The call in my account was down 37% at one point, so a +28% return is a nice rebound ... plus the call was purchased so deep in the money it would take a lot to move the return up significantly.

Portfolios:

I usually only report portfolio performance on Friday, but after a move like today's ... ESG is at -15.8%, value-sales is at +7.35%.

Reversal alerts: (1), junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment