Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Schizophrenic Day

Start strong, tank, finish stronger. That was enough to drive someone crazy. DNS +162, +12, +13.

ANAD topped the other watchlisters with a nice 18% gain. Portfolio members SPRD, GTLS, WPRT, KEG, and CVI were up between 5.1 and 7.7%.

Trades:

WLL hit the 8% trailing stop, +11.4%.

My nemesis GMCR continued to vex me. It looked like it bottomed, I bought more to dollar cost average. Then it went down. Then it went down more. I threw up my hands and sold my first, most expensive position, -36.2%. Then it went up. I lost money on both trades. Grrr. No, Gmcrrrr.

I bought CVI and UEPS shares as mentioned in the last post.

The sale of the GMCR gave me some extra cash so I re-bought HAYN shares which I wanted to do since HAYN was hammered yesterday, and was down another 4% today. That worked out okay because it rebounded and the position closed the day up 4.7%.

While I was selling GMCR shares, I was buying GMCR's November $55/$60 call spread for $2.80. [I just noticed that I bought November options, not Friday's weekly options. Gmcrrrr.]

Reversal alerts: none.

No comments:

Post a Comment