Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Afternoon Blues

The market was okay for half the day. DNS -72, -53, -16.

Trades:

Yesterday I was looking to buy calls on FMCN when it spiked down but the time values were excessive. So I decided to sell it and found a December $20/$22.50 bull call spread trading for less than intrinsic value. By the end of the day the bull call spread was well in the money (a 78% return) ... and still is after today's sell-off.

Today my limit buy order for RES shares filled.

I have 8% trailing stop loss orders on everything that was up 10% or more (including CF, ROSE, & WLL), except OAS which has a 6% TSL since it was up 28% for me. CVI triggered its TSL and sold, +5.6%.

GMCR is stinking up the joint. I wish I had put a stop loss order in before it dropped 26%. Now I'm using my least favorite investing strategy ... "Hoping and Praying".

Reversal alerts: (2).

RLRN and IDCC. Neither is very compelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment