Monday, October 17, 2011

2 Steps Back

Mondays aren't very kind lately. DNS -247, -53, -24.

BEXP and OAS held their pre-market gains, SNDA was up 14.5%.

GMCR gave up over 10% as did ENER, EXM, VECO, RBCN, and UTSI.

I wanted back into WPRT but it was up too much when I had the chance. It closed down. Maybe tomorrow.

Trades:

My covered calls for GMCR expired worthless last Friday, so that sale reduced my cost basis by 1%. Only 7.4% more to go to break even after today's flogging. I tried to sell covered calls for this week's expiration but I used a limit order. I should have sold at the bid, hindsight being 20/20 and all.

I sold my fist two ARR positions, -13.1% and -9.9% (not counting the dividends). The first one was bought just before the big secondary and never went positive. The second was good for a while. I figured that if the market continues to rebound, money's going to flow out of ARR's stock so I opted to downsize my position.

I bought shares in WLL.

Feeling I was getting over-weighted in oil drillers, I went for a little more tech and bought shares and calls in MSCC (should have set that limit lower!).

Reversal alerts: (1), junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment