Thursday, March 3, 2011

Great Day, Bad Picks

Today was a great day. It started with a strong open that carried through the day with broad participation. DNS +191, +51, +23.

But the solar stocks did their thing ... sell off while everyone else is soaring. JASO was selling off at a consistent volume and decline, like someone was spooling off a huge position. I bought calls when the selling paused for a bit, but then decided that there was something I was missing. Facing market risk and position risk, I decided to get out of these until their price movement makes sense.

Trades:

I sold DRYS shares and calls when Cramer raised concerns about the debt incurred for the new ships. +3.93% and -0.04% respectively.

I sold JASO calls, -66.2% and +1.92%.

I sold JKS, Mar $27/30 spreads (-81.4%) and Apr $25/29 (-31.95%).

I sold PWER Mar calls, -2.65%.

Of those I still have PWER shares and April calls, and JKS shares, April calls, and June spreads.

Reversal alerts: (46) filtered for earnings growth yields DRIV NICE HBAN DTLK & TEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment