Monday, March 21, 2011

Back on Track?

It's nice to be moving forward again. DNS +178, +48, +19. I'm certainly ready to put the recent losses behind me.

Brokerage news: optionsXpress is merging with Charles Schwab.

Trades:

I bought shares in ANR, AMP, and MNTA.

I bought call spreads for ANR & BEXP.

I sold my Aug CF call spread after Goldman went bearish on corn prices and CF. Given the stock's behavior, I opted to not wait for it to turn into a loss. +4.8%

I sold my IMAX shares when the tight 1% trailing stop loss order tripped and reduced my loss by a few percent.

I converted my HAYN calls into a bull call spread. I should have waited as it moved even higher. It was just behind CCJ at the top of my watch list.

Oil stocks RES MRO FTO & GPQR are heading up VectorVest's leader board.

Reversal alerts: (55), Those with a decent chart and fundamentals:
t2: APEI ATRO HCSG KLAC LPS MDR MORN RDEN SAP SKH SLB SNI SPRD TDW & WTSLA.
hlr: ATI HNR OSIS & PBH.

No comments:

Post a Comment