Friday, July 1, 2011

What a Week!

We don't get many weeks like this. It sure helps to rebuild the account balances after the pummeling we took a few weeks ago. DNS +168, +43, +19. I could make a really long list of the stocks up big for the last two weeks, or just post the perf chart.

Trades:

As much as I like what I know about DAR, I got spooked by the pre-market action. That, in conjunction with yesterdays loss and the spike down let me to think someone knows something I don't. My plan in such a case is to get out until the news breaks or the stock settles down. Hopefully get out early and come back in at a lower price if still a good prospect.

I set trailing stops for the stock (5%) and calls. My stock sold just after the open. DAR went lower then rebounded somewhat, -7.0%.

Oh yeah ... I just found that I had a low-ball limit order in for more DAR calls that filled. So much for my plan of reducing my position. I sure hope it's done going down!

Value-sales portfolio, +39.4%
I sold call options for RBCN to convert my Aug calls to a call spread. I had a good price on my limit order but could have gotten more. (Some people are never satisfied!)

Corrected: The value-sales port moved up considerably, to +39.4%.

I chased VRTS a bit and still didn't get it. Sigh ...

Reversal alerts: (2), junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment