Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Odd Up Day

The indexes are up, every one of my stock positions (*) is up, but it seems like the losers gave up a little more than the gainers gained. Most of the portfolios (2:1) in my ClearStation page are down. DNS +56, +8, +1. Watchlisters PTIE, UDRL, and ATHN were up over 5% today. ZAGG, VECO, UTSI, MCP gave up 4.5% or more. Too bad PTIE is so OTM.

Trades:

CWEI hit the trailing stop order as indicated below. (* This was a stock position ... until about 10).

I bought CVI shares.

I've been very protective of my gains here, placing trailing stop loss orders under everything with a larger gain. Maybe I'm selling too early ... I wouldn't have bought these stocks if I didn't think they had good long term potential. But I can't predict the future and I don't trust this market. Recent sales of ZAGG, MCP, and JKS have been to my advantage as stocks are not holding new highs very well. Besides, it makes the blog name that much more apropos.

Reversal alerts: Not counting an ultra-short fund, (1) BABY. Decent sales and earnings growth, P/E dropping from 29.5 to 22.7.

No comments:

Post a Comment