Friday, September 16, 2011

Up Every Day This Week

I would never have bet money on that. DNS +76, +15, +7.

Watchlisters catching my eye are AMZN, EBAY, and ATHN, particularly since they are positive for every performance period in my performance chart. Old fav FMCN has been coming back. The beatings continued for NFLX and the solar energy cos (JKS, YGE, & JASO).

Trades: No limit orders filled. Not chasing, especially after (5) up days.

I wish I'd waited 'til after Monday morning to close out some of my options, but I can honestly say I didn't see this week's gains coming.

Portfolios:

You'd probably guess that they improved and you'd be right. The ESG port has (5) stocks above water and improved to -14.56%. The value-sales port is up to +7.68% gain for a year and change.

I intended to retire the value-sales port soon after introducing the (37) stock ESG port, but the ESG port got clobbered right off the bat, and the value-sales port provided some continuity and a point of reference though the sell-off. The ESG port will be positive before you know it!

Reversal alerts: (5).

I like the reversal pattern for HURN, and the modest sales growth and P/E dropping from 32.6 to 18 don't hurt.

HMX has some growth, a bad chart, and a P/E dropping from 8 to 6.

CFX has better growth (YoY quarterly sales growth has accelerated to 52%), triple digit earning growth for this and the next two quarters and a P/E falling from 32.5 to 20.7.

No comments:

Post a Comment