Friday, September 30, 2011

Bargain Hunting

The bargain hunters lost out to the folks that didn't want to hold anything over the weekend. DNS -241, -65, -29.

Trades:

I was in the first camp. I picked up some CF shares. $20 ITM Jan call options had a 33% time premium, so I wasn't buying any calls!

A low-ball limit order for FMCN call options filled in the last hour.

My theory is that the markets are alternating weekly. This week has been particularly harsh so I have to think next week will give us some relief. I won't say CF and FMCN can't go any lower because we all know that isn't true (or we should by now).

I tried to pick up some SPRD calls, but it got away. SPRD was the best performer on my watchlist today. Oddly enough, CF and FMCN were the worst.

Portfolios:

Down again - ESG port at -27.5%, value-sales port at -6.25%.

Reversal alerts: (31).

I'll go through these later. HOTT has the only chart that has held up reasonably well.

Update:

CISG and NEWP have four quarters of double digit sales growth, forward P/E of 6 and 6.4 respectively.

ESFC, PKOH, PBH, RUSHA,CVS, ROG, TPX, SPPI, MCP, and ADVS all have redeeming qualities in terms of sales and/or earnings growth.

RUSHA is hitting new levels of sales and earnings with its P/E dropping from 14.8 to 11.2.

TPX earnings and sales are still growing sequentially with the two MRQs showing accelerating sales growth and its P/E falling from 19.3 to 16.8.

SPPI has four quarters of triple digit sales growth (269% MRQ), erratic earnings, and a P/E falling from 21.8 to 17.11.

MCP has crushing numbers (high triple digit growth all around) but some feel the numbers may be suspect (i.e., too good to be true).

No comments:

Post a Comment