Friday, September 23, 2011

More Inflection Points Please

The DJIA didn't spend nearly enough time bobbing around the center line today. DNS +38, +28, +7.

Trades:

I bought SLV when it dropped 9% or more at the open. I followed up with a combo order - a stop loss and limit sell in case it rebounded more. The stop loss order kicked me out with a profit before SLV slid another 6% or so.

One of my limit buy orders for ARR caught.

Portfolios:

Both portfolios took a good hit this week (who didn't?). The ESG port is at -25.2% with only 2 of 37 stocks above water. The value-sales port went negative at -2.99%.

Reversal alerts: (27).

The t2 script generated 10 of these. I'll go through them more and update the post tomorrow (after my database is updated) but for now I see decent growth for CF, LAYN, DTLK, SOHU, EXPE, ANR, BOOM, CBD, and NFLX.

Update:

I ran the numbers and reviewed the estimates and came up with HXM, CF, LAYN, DTLK, EXPE, BOOM, ANR, NFLX, AVB, and BRE. See the tables.

First off, the charts on all of these are horrible. But analyst opinions are generally favorable and estimates are holding or even rising for these except ANR (down big), NFLX (down some, but probably not enough), and AVB (down slightly). AVB and BRE have a dividend yield around 3.6%. CF is my pick here.

No comments:

Post a Comment