Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What Does It All Mean?

I'm eager to see what tomorrow brings ... more cautious buying or continued selling? DNS +322, +101, +39.

The rally was pretty broad. I don't see any theme, other than some money coming out of silver and gold (today anyway). Some old favorites made a move off of the bottom, CMG and LULU. PVH and UA were a day off their lows.

Trades:

I closed out the remainder of yesterday's CVI calls (+0.88%) and the called shares (+131.9%) from the expired spread. I decided to transition out of CVI quickly because there are better candidates that I want to own, and I'm at risk of being overweight in oil stocks. Now I have more cash for positions in other sectors.

I sold SPRD shares (+1.21%) that were just purchased Friday in favor of call options bought today. Again I'm opting for leveraged gains with lower cost options rather than stock. I might die trying, but it's worked one day so far! :-)

I bought VRTS shares (no options available).

Reversal alerts: (11), nothing interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment