Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Arms in the Air

... for this roller coaster ride. DNS +144, +22, +15.

Trades:

VRTS just clipped my trailing stop loss order and sold at the post-open intraday low, +5.18%. Not optimum, but flipping a stock for 5% in a day isn't the worst thing either. I was protecting my profit. It wasn't supposed to get that low, and now it's gone. These sales frequently turn out to be a good thing when the stock moves lower the next day.

I bought put options on RBCN because I'm mad at it.

I bought call options for RES ... it's one of my oil patch stocks. Maybe Cramer's Bakken special will spill over into RES (pardon the pun) when folks start looking for good oil and gas plays. I got it on a limit buy for less than its current intrinsic value.

I tried to get back into PVH but couldn't get my price.

Reversal alerts: (8). Theses are from the t2 script ...

CS and MALL have some decent earnings expectations. MALL actually has some modest YoY quarterly sales growth (~15%). They're value priced with a forward P/E of 5.7 and 7.7 respectively. CS is showing a 15.2% buy-side bias by institutions holding 4.1% of the float.

FNH has triple-digit earnings growth for three of the last four quarters, and next two estimated quarters. YoY quarterly sales growth is a -6% (so it's not really growth, is it?). The P/E is dropping from 71 to 12.2. Earnings estimates have been nudged upward within the last seven days. Institutions hold 82.6% of FHN's float, with a 2.4% buy-side bias.

There's no risk of these hitting a 52-week high anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment