Monday, August 15, 2011

No Trust

That's three "up" days. I wish I could trust the markets to continue their recovery into options expiration this Friday ... but I can't. DNS +214, +47, +26.

Trades:

I sold the AAPL call options, +5.9%. That's not quite the return I look for in an options trade but last week took me down far enough that breaking even seemed like a good outcome. With no margin for error, I booked the win. Still not bad for 10 days I guess.

I then bought AAPL shares. How often do you get to buy AAPL with a forward P/E of 12.6 while it's got strong double or triple-digit growth?

I had way too many MCP call options about to expire between the strike prices leaving me on the hook for a bunch of shares, so I opted to sell the call spread, +10.6%.

GG was down and seemed to be losing traction, so I sold that spread too, +38.8%.

I didn't see me turning a profit in the DAR call spread, so I opted to minimize the loss on an "up" day, -17.7%.

I sold calls to convert FMCN to a bull call spread (well ITM).

That leaves just bull call spreads CVI (well ITM) and CSTR (OTM) as my only other August options.

Portfolios:

(33)  of (37) stocks in the ESG port were up for the day. All (17) traded stocks in the value-sales port were up.

Reversal alerts: (55) hlr script, (88) t2 script.


No comments:

Post a Comment