Tuesday, February 15, 2011

That's One

Today's drop was no fun. DNS -42, -13, -5. Many have been fearing a pull-back or correction, and with much more of this action they'll be quick to move into cash.

I began looking for under-performing positions to sell to 1) limit my exposure, 2) raise cash for the buying opportunities that corrections bring.

Trades:
AEIS reported earnings and gapped down and triggered the 7% trailing stop loss order: -8.10%. I held onto the April calls and even low-balled some March call options and got them, thinking the selling may have been overdone.

I sold my calls for Shaeffer pick LEN: -1.18%.

I sold my DRYS calls: +22.96%. I still have DRYS shares, protected by a Feb $5 put.

Trailing stop loss order triggered later for MIPS (+6.91%) and SPRD (-2.19%).

Reversal alerts: (6), TEco is the pick here, market withstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment