Monday, February 14, 2011

Steady As She Goes

A mixed day but not bad for the Nasdaq and S&P. Great for ANAD, NFLX, JKS, FTO, and SIMG (all 6%+). My holdings PAAS, RBCN and VSEA did well (4%+) and AEIS, ANR, DRYS, MIPS, and XLE nudged up 2%+. SPRD took a hit and ENTR continues to be a serial disappointer.

JKS gapped up and stayed high - I obviously missed it. It went on to gain 6.79% for the day.

Trades:
I'd bought TSRA thinking it might bounce; it didn't and there are better places to put my money, so ... sold (+3.10%).

AEIS had been lagging so I sold the Feb calls for a small profit (+10.8%). Then it went up a bit more. I still have Apr. calls I'll hold if AEIS continues to recover.

I put in orders to sell ENTR; calls, stock, whatever. It doesn't matter why you like a stock if everyone else is selling, and that seemed to be the case here. BUT, when I looked at the chart and saw higher highs and higher lows, the stock appeared to be coming out of a bottom. I felt like I should hang onto it, so I canceled the orders. It went down even more. Yet I feel I made the right decision to hang tight. It's primed for a reversal.

Reversal alerts: EPAY MRLN NS and CSR. Nothing very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment