Saturday, February 5, 2011

Falling Knives

I could write a chapter on how I mishandled CSTR when it gapped down Friday. I could have left the trailing stop in place and sold at the bid at the open. I could have put in a tight trailing stop loss order at the open and sold near the high. I could have not sold near the bottom. I could have not bought and sold call options that cost me even more money. I misread the tea leaves at every turn. There are times when you execute moves like this brilliantly and look like a genius. This was not one of those times. Stock -34.4%, calls -25.1%.

Value sales portfolio, +52.4%
I bought Feb and Apr call options on AEIS. One was a standing order that filled at the open, the second was me trying to buy a good stock at a discount.

I bought ENTR shares.

Reversal alerts: (11) of which F VLY CISG BWA BCH WX SIGA MASI & LUV have some redeeming quality in addition to their chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment