Friday, November 12, 2010

Fat Turkeys

have come home to roost and are weighing everything down. DJIA -91, Naz -37, SnP -14.

It has been a disappointing week. I expected more trailing stop loss orders to trigger today but the close ones held their ground. LGL and YGE aren't protected yet and are down (15.9%) and (7%) respectively. I don't like to put in stop loss order for a position until its made some profit or found a base. (A lot of "reversal" stocks tend to drop again in the first week or two before getting traction so I like to wait on them.)

If the markets continue to deteriorate I'll tighten up the stops and sell the laggards and post-November options.

Trades: I bought more VECO near the day's low, and I'll look to add calls if it finds support next week.

Reversal alerts: CRXL, KAR, and RYAAY. RYAAY is the best of the litter here but nothing special.

I moved VSEA ($32.04) back into my top watchlist (potential buys). Good growth, valuation, and rising earnings estimates.

The value-sales portfolio dropped this week but is still holding a nice +26.3% gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment