Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fake Out

The market's drop this morning led me to take some money off of the table.

Trades:
FMCN ($25.25) hit the trailing stop (+6.1%) leaving me with a Jan 22.50/25 spread.

The rest of my VECO limit buy order filled.

I start out selling Dec 19 CHK ($23.41) calls to cover the cost of my Dec 18 calls. Then the limit order for the spread (at slight discount) sold immediately (+36% on call cost basis). I'd have been better off just selling the call since there was no upside in exchange for more risk, delay, and commission. I still have CHK stock.

I sold 2/3 of my CBAI since it's gone up 35% and 33% the last two days. It was underwater for quite a while so I was glad to finally exit with a profit. The last lot is up 88% so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Reversal alerts: nothing worth repeating.

No comments:

Post a Comment