Thursday, January 12, 2012

Oil, Ouch

Why is my part of the watchlist red? DNS +22, +14, +3.

MCP had a decent day.

Oil dropped a bit and took down many of my holdings, PTEN (-6.4%), KEG, OAS, and KOG. Bummer.

Trades:

UEPS seemed to be forming a bottom, at least until I bought shares in it. It has some compelling growth numbers if the estimates hold.

Being one to buy on weakness when I think the market is trending up, I bought calls in  KEG and UEPS, and added onto my January PTEN calls. Even after yeseterday's slide, PTEN continued to drift down. That one might leave a mark.

When SPRD moved up yesterday I put a 3% trailing stop under it. No way was I going to take a loss at the risk of not maximizing profit. It sold this morning before moving lower; +4.6%, held two days.

Reversal alerts: (4).

TRCR has 30 and 40% YoY quarterly sales growth but is pretty beat up. CL is moving to around 10% sales growth but has a great reversal pattern. However, neither has much earnings growth and are showing a P/E of 18 to 17 over the next two quarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment