Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Buying

Today's action was encouraging. DNS +70, +26, +11.

LULU and VDSI had nice gains even after LULU gave some back.

Trades:

One minute I say I'm staying away from oil and Chinese stocks. The next I'm buying shares of KEG, SPRD, and FMCN, and Feb calls for GTE. So much for that plan.

I also added more shares of REIT ARR, and bought shares of semi MSCC.

Reversal alerts: (11).

I was thinking that it would be nice for this market to level out to a modest uptrend and start alerting on some quality stocks with good reversal patterns. Well we're not there yet but it was nice to see FMCN and SPRD pop up in the t2 alerts after buying them today.

Lowest forward P/E first: SPRD, ANH (good pattern and 14.97% dividend yield), FMCN, ESV (fourth try), NAVG, and ATRO. The last two are weak in the growth department but have a decent reversal pattern and are reversing in the context of a larger uptrend.

No comments:

Post a Comment