Monday, December 19, 2011

We Used to Trade Stocks

... back in the day that is. Now we just hope a few dividend paying stocks will hold up and watch our 401(k) plans drop even lower with every government move to bolster the economy (or is it to bolster their votes come next November?). DNS -100, -32, -14.

Trades:

There go the market indexes again so there's not much use in holding my called FMCN and SPRD shares. Plus both of these have been hit pretty hard so there's a head wind of tax loss selling. No sense fighting to get back where I'm at now.

FMCN, +29.8%.

SPRD, -84.7%, which almost feels like a win considering where it's at. There's 15.3% worth of icing on what was going to be a big fat doughnut had my calls expired worthless. Fortunately this was a small position, but it sucked up most of the profit from the other two.

I put a contingency order on my XLF puts and it triggered. That's +19.9% profit sniped. Moving on.

That leaves me with only ARR in my trading accounts, and even that is starting to flirt with the stop loss trigger.

Reversal alerts: (37).

Filtered for EPS growth and combined sales and earnings acceleration, lowest forward P/E first: OC, TEN,  SPN, EXXI, MCP, BGCP, GPRO, and MLNX.

No comments:

Post a Comment