Monday, December 12, 2011

If You Can't Say Something Nice ...

then I shouldn't say anything at all about this market. Well, everything is getting cheaper so I guess that's good. And the markets closed higher than they were most of the day. DNS -163, -35, -19.

I thought NFLX was sporting a bullish pattern on Friday. It prevailed today with a 6.2% gain despite the markets' decline, coming in just behind UTSI in the watchlist.

Trades: none.

Remaining Positions:

Equities: ARR is holding up. CLMT is just above the trailing stop ... for now.

Bull call spreads: FMCN is well in the money (above the short call) but only 7% away from costing me money ... that's not far enough when it's moving 5% every day. SPRD is showing a loss for now. Both expire Friday.

Puts: My short position in XLF (Financial ETF) is doing fine.

By next Monday I expect to have only two positions, both profitable. One long with an 18.6% annual yield, paid monthly, and one short.

Reversal alerts: (3).

MEDW and ESEA pass through the penny stock filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment