Thursday, April 14, 2011

Buy, Sell, Hold, or Jump?

That vexing question sums up my frustration with this market. DNS +14, -1, 0.

Watchlist gainers (5%+) UDRL, RBCN, and ENTR. Honerable mention, MCP, FMCN, and PTEN. I don't get MCP. I'm not sure why it took me so long to get back into FMCN. Losers: PAAS and GTLS.

I put in a bid for RBCN. Missed ... not going to chase. Up 6.6%. Doah!

PAAS fell 9% on mine nationalization rumors. That probably didn't help SCCO.

If you picked  up COOL on yesterday's alert, congrats on the 13% pop.

Trades:

My BEXP spread went OTM and came back a bit. I sold it at a premium over intrinsic value to recoup some of my money (-70%). One week you're looking at a 75% gain, and a 70% loss the next. Expiration week can be a, uh, pain.

SCCO triggered trailing stop loss orders. Shares were sold in two accounts (-9.1% & -9.9%). Nice chart, eh?

SCHN call options hit their trailing stop (-46.7%). 0 for 2 in steel and copper.

Reversal alerts: (15) filtered to RBN, HITT, NEWP, CBOE & BRNC. I like ENTR's numbers here, but it keeps finding the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment