Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Money

It's good to see the money rolling in today after buying into so many positions last week in preparation for in-flows (IRA and otherwise). DJIA +93, Naz +39, SnP +14.

Friday's Trades: I rushed into a March call spread on IMAX on a buyout rumor (by Sony or Disney). Haste makes waste ('d money). My cost is low enough that this could turn out okay even if the buyout doesn't occur.

Monday's Trades: I sold Jan calls on VECO when it was up 4%+ to convert calls to a call spread. That increased my profit, took money off the table, lowered my cost, and lowered my risk by virtue of the two previous items. That's a win, win, win, win situation.
value-sales portfolio, +37.3% (12/31)

All of the shippers on my watch list were up today: EXM, FREE, FRO, NAT, PRGN, SSW, and TNP. SSW was the leader at +4.99% and is the only one I own. Do I expect this trend(*) to continue? No.

Reversal alerts:
Friday: (8) of which only ZAGG, BAX, and GRC are modestly interesting.

Monday: (19) filtered down to ...
growth stocks: LBAI, SMTC, ORCL, & DGICA. DGICA has something going on with their sales and earnings ramping up.
value only: AGP, GILD, MSFT, CEC, & CUB.


(*) One day does not make a trend!

No comments:

Post a Comment