Friday, May 17, 2013

May 13 Expiry

Well that was a nice finish.

Bull put (credit) spreads for EWW and TBT expired worthless, netting +16.3% each.

I locked in a tiny profit on VRTU when it was behaving badly, then as it improved the bid-ask spread was so large and illiquid that I couldn't roll up the short call for a profit. It was a $17.50/$22.50 bull call spread with VRTU closing today at $26.02. Net +0.6%. Pffft.

HMA and DVA dropped below their short calls over the last two days. HMA netted +46.3%. DVA netted +60.2% return on risked funds.

The last of the KOG May $10 lottery tickets expired worthless. -100% on that small (and cheap) lot. I have Jun $5s and half as many $7 call options that are doing well with KOG's recent run (up 4.6% today). The losses on the $7s have pared considerably and been nicely offset by the gains on the $5s.

The short calls for the URI diagonal spread expired just OTM.

I rolled the AAPL short calls from $45 down to $35 and out to next Friday. That may be a bit snug (to say the least) so hopefully APPL will drop at some point and I'll can close them out for a profit.

Yesterday I bought back into MPW (shares and call options) and bought calls for FUL. I bought AI shares today.

I panicked Wednesday morning when ARR was selling off (again) and bought ITM put options to cover my shares. Of course ARR reversed to the upside almost immediately. I closed out the puts today, -16.9%. Sigh ...

EXM had a good day yesterday, and didn't give back too much today.

No comments:

Post a Comment