Monday, March 25, 2013

Raising Cash

VRTU spiked down this morning and hit its 6% trailing stop, +7.6%.

I didn't care for the downward revisions of ECL's earnings projections, so I put a 1% trailing stop on it as it was moving higher this morning. It later sold, +1.6%. I don't have the conviction to hold it here, so taking a small profit and raising cash sounds like a good idea when I have so many other positions that are running well.

On Friday I bought the wrong expiration for some EWZ calls. In fact it expired and executed that day after losing some value. Fortunately it was moving up as I was selling off the called shares and I even sold the last portion near the top for a profit. But it wasn't enough, -17.4%. At least it was a very small position (a smaller dollar loss than my gain in ECL). I still want to catch the rebound in this ETF.

I didn't buy my JAZZ yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment