Monday, January 7, 2013

There Goes The Towel

I threw in the towel today on MLNX. I thought it found a bottom finally and put a stop loss order under it thinking that if it keeps selling off at this level then things are worse than I had imagined. Well, MLNX blew through the stop and kept going. -32.9% on the BIG position, -52.4% on a tiny one. That one left a mark.

I had a Jan call for OCN that had been underwater for some time. But OCN has a nice pop now and then, so I held off on closing the position in hopes of such an event. Well today OCN popped, the limit order fired, and I got out with a +6.76% profit.

I bought a basket of stocks from the screen I published yesterday; DVA. EXLS, FLT, NSR, PRAA, RM (partial fill), and VRTU. I'll put in trailing stop loss orders to take out the ones that will be topping out soon and can hopefully loosen up the stops once the runners get some profit under them.

No comments:

Post a Comment