Saturday, December 1, 2012

REGN Gone, More Specs

My REGN shares are gone after a sell-off into the close caused it to hit my 6% trailing stop. I hadn't planned to exit so early, but I certainly wasn't planning to give back all my profit either. We'll see how it shakes out over the next few days and get back in. +19.1%.

I meant to by more NVDA calls but accidentally sold them when I didn't change the order type. So I bought twice as many at a lower price later.

I bought some SNCR calls. It has some decent numbers and is coming off of a bottom.

My strategy now is to avoid most stocks that are near new highs like watchlisters CVI, DDD, and TRMB that could get whacked by bad "fiscal cliff" news. Instead, I'm bottom fishing for growth prospects that could rise with no FC news and take off with good news.

1 comment:

  1. OT: (Off topic update from a fellow trader)

    My predictions have been lousy, no Framework by Thanksgiving and no Windows 8 party, in fact people are calling Win8 D.O.A. But the good news is that my stock account is higher now than when I made my terrible predictions because of some fast trades. I made money in NOK's latest run, I am out now with a net loss, I had a ton of TLAB because of their cash and sold Friday on the special dividend bounce large net gain, made small money in IDTI and NVDA. Lost money in DELL and am losing a lot of money in MSFT. But all in all I am feeling great that I can be so wrong with macro economics and wrong so far with Win8 and still make money by bottom picking. My current positons are 60% MSFT, 20% INTC (just bought last week at $19.40) and 20% cash. I did buy my Microsoft Surface and I love it. I think the Intel based Surface Pro will be a great success next year in the corporate world. Talked to a guy at Office Depot who said the Win8 computers are selling real well. But he was honest and said the Win8 PCs are klunky but the Win8 tablets/laptops are awesome. I think MSFT will rock and roll. My current cost basis for MSFT is $28.50 so I will have to sit a while. For what it is worth I still think the Republicans will cave before the Fiscal Cliff hits because they know they will get the blame if the crap hits the fan, they have no choice but to get the best deal they can and cave. Happy trading.

    ReplyDelete