Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What Capital Gains?

If things keep going like this there won't be any gains to tax.

I had a low bid in for more ARR. Not low enough apparently.

I bought some shares of REGN and HAIN. I should have waited.

I sold my ACI puts yesterday thinking the play had fizzled out, +4.7%. Then the stock started sliding.

I sold my ANR puts today when my profit target was met, +15.9%. I could probably let this ride but I think other opportunities will be coming.

Now for AMZN. I had Dec $190 puts (OTM) that I bought at the end of their October slide thinking the mini-iPad would accelerate their drop. Something went horribly wrong and AMZN went up, then down, up, down while my puts lost value and we moved into retail season (bad timing). Cutting my losses, -72%. I remember now why I don't like buying OTM puts.

I'm short on BBY again with December puts.

No comments:

Post a Comment