Monday, November 12, 2012

Growth Screen

The screen du jour yields (lowest forward P/E first):
  • TICC - own but plan to buy more when it finds a bottom
  • KOG - the drillers are on hold while oil stays below $90
  • OCN - owned it, like it, but letting it settle after last week's bounce
  • REGN - coming off of a relative low - looking in it
  • KORS - recently sold off from new high, reports tomorrow morning
  • DDD - running strong, P/E falling from 69 to 42, institutional selling
  • ALXN - coming off of a hard sell-off.

1 comment:

  1. John,

    Thanks for you comments about my stocks.
    I like TICC on paper a lot especially the dividend, but I will stay away because although there were a lot of insider buys in 2011, the overall insider ownership is too small for me for a company paying 13% dividend, I would think the insiders would be all in. I like DDD, I have seen demos of 3D printers on TV and they are amazing. Would not be shocked if HPQ buys DDD. I got some more MSFT today at $28.31. Ballmer says Surface sales were modest and the stock tanks. Funny thing is that the Surface sales are not even a factor in their future earnings, Windows 8 is, but not the Surface itself. You mentioned they do not have a killer product but you should look at their SmartGlass app. It uses the Xbox to control the TV using Ipads, or Win 8 phones. I think the next Xbox will be the must have product, I am guesing but the next Xbox might have Windows 8 on your TV with hand waving control to control, Web access, TV, and music. This will be a must have for kids and kids control the family purse strings.

    ReplyDelete