Sunday, November 27, 2011

Nothing Is Working

I've been reviewing the charts of stocks with recent reversal alerts. None of them has sustained a breakout to the upside.

And nothing I follow is moving up either. The only watchlist stocks that are holding their own (more or less) are ARR (REIT), ATLS, KOG (oil), MNTA (pharma), and VRTS (investment).

So many stocks look under-priced or have formed bases that look prime for a move up. Just like they did in 2001 when so many of us got whipsawed as stocks stair-stepped down ... then down more ... then down more ... ad nauseum.

I'll continue liquidating stock holdings to cash as the trailing stop orders fire off. When the inevitable bounce comes I'll try to recoup some cash via call options while it lasts, then I'll go short unless the situation changes in Europe. I'm not at all sure that it's too late to go short now.

No comments:

Post a Comment