Wednesday, November 2, 2011

DOAH!

It was a great day, unless you were in cash. DNS +178, +33, +20.

I want my KEG, CF, and LIWA back! All were up 5% or more today. At least FMCN had a good day, and SPRD continues to nudge upwards.

Trades:

I ditched the NLY after getting the dividend and seeing the distribution days pile up. The cap "gains" across three accounts come in around -8%. Fortunately the dividends covered a large portion of that.

I bought Friday's $55/60 GMCR bull call spread. I'm hopeful, but this one's certainly not money in the bank.

Reversal alerts: (4).

ATHN popped up after eight days of decline. The stock had a nice run for reasons I never understood ... double digit sales growth with a P/E falling from 91 to 70 didn't do it for me, and I didn't see anything in the news to fall in love with. I'm not expecting lightning to strike twice here, but the reversal pattern looks pretty good.

The t2 script came up with CVC and AVP.

CVC is sporting a "value-trap" looking P/E of 3 until they shed the MRQ's earnings of $4.27 and revert back to the $0.32 range. Not interested.

AVP announced a dividend today and is expected to have a little earnings bump next quarter with a P/E between 9 and 11. Curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment