Monday, October 25, 2010

Riding the Wave

Trades: Can't stay away from YGE ($11.88 f c) here so I bought more stock to add to my Dec 10 calls. Triple digit earnings growth, a forward PE of 11.5, and rising earnings estimates. What's not to like?

I also have a low-ball limit order in for ASIA should it pull back a bit.

Reversal alerts: 19 pared down to 6 having a reasonable forward P/E. SOLF SBS FRO TNP CTRN THS.

SBS ($45.67 f c)  was a winner for me and has pulled back sharply from recent highs. Earnings estimates are holding steady and its forward P/E is 5.7. Earnings are positive but variable. Sales are steady and improving (MRQ was 9% YoY).

I'll probably buy stock and calls here if it seems to be getting its footing. The reversal chart has a good pattern and the script (t2) is 3 for 3 trades.

FRO and TNP are shippers. I'd wait for news of an improving economy. They also seem to track oil and steel (and probably other commodities) but break out quickly when good news hits. Others I track in the industry are EXM FREED NAT and PRGN.

No comments:

Post a Comment