Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekly Recap

I'm trying to take a step back and look at the markets on a week-to-week basis and filter out some of the day-to-day noise. The weekly charts show gradual improvement. The value-sales port worked well (below).

Trades: I went long on AMD, MU, and VSEA stocks. I'll be happy to snipe a small profit from MU and let it go.

On the options front, OMG ran up and triggered a limit sell order (+12.9%). Not that I didn't think about moving the limit up earlier and forgot ... oh well. Bought bull call spreads on MRVL, DIOD, and VSEA. MRVL is just a reversal play - I'm hoping to catch a bounce off of the bottom and snipe a small gain. I'm dollar cost averaging on VSEA.

LCC has sold off some and my position is below water right now but I'm considering adding on since the earnings estimates are holding and the P/E's dropping from 237 to 3.75 two quarters out.

Reversal alerts: Not much for the week. There might be a play in QLGC based on the chart and the performance of some of the semiconductor and tech stocks. It's P/E is falling from 29 to 19 so it's value and growth are modest.

No comments:

Post a Comment