Monday, August 23, 2010

The Biweekly Weekly Update

I've recently been investing my time in activities that have proven far more profitable than being long in the market - like sleeping and watching television. Seriously though, I'm having trouble seeing where optimism will be rewarded long term. There's this up-lifting little piece on the government's Enron Accounting. There's last Thursday's stock performance chart. Go about halfway down and note all the yellow cells. Those are the positions that just went negative for those time frames - i.e., more investments that just went underwater. I'll throw in my value-sales port that we've been tracking. It got clobbered two weeks ago, and improved slightly last week.









Recent Trades: Let's see ... I did go long with more shares of VSH, and opened a position in CIB. My bull call spreads sold for NFLX (+113%) and MRVL (+13%). I bought puts on ATHR, EBAY, and STX based on Shaeffers Research. We'll see how that pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment