Thursday, July 16, 2015

AKRX Opened

Yesterday I saw AKRN mentioned with LCI and took a look. Earnings as posted (and lagging) are growing, revenue has reached a new level with some growth projected. There's 80% institutional ownership with a 90% buy-side bias. It's a bit expensive P/E-wise but next year's forward P/E is 18.6. I opened a position.

Today I see that AKRN is late filing it's March 31 10-Q but just got a reprieve yesterday from Nasdaq. Personally I don't want to wait as late as Nov 9 to see how they did in Q1 ... at least not for this price (P/E). I think the stock has sold off enough to offer some protection and rebound potential, but I'll be proceeding carefully.

Funny how I checked for earnings disappointments (there were none) but missed the fact that all of Q1 was missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment