Thursday, February 7, 2013

GEOS and More

I closed out the credit spreads for VXX and XRT, -36.4% and -45.2% respectively.

I sold my XRT puts, -51.6%.

I bought shares of GEOS, HMA, and more of PSEC early on. I had to pay up when GEOS gapped up, but it went on to have a great day.

This month is not looking good. Bearish plays on GME and NFLX backfired, bear call spreads on SPY and XRT lost money as did the bull put spreads for VXX. Betting against the market's continued run was a bad bet. The bearish positions were smaller, but they added up. That just leaves the UNG credit spread to close at expiration, and any equity positions that might be stopped out. The equities continue to do well (save REGN), and next month's options are looking good. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment