Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ye of Little Faith

That was me this month. In almost every instance I sold too soon - either the position or the short call of a spread.

FTK made me nervous when it dropped over 2 points from $12.50. I locked in my spread at $10. It closed Friday over $12. Net +10.3%.

I made a good move with my WPRT spread when I rolled the short call from $42 to $44 when it was running good, then covered the $44 calls when it pulled back. But again, I sold-to-open the $42 calls too early. WPRT closed Friday over $47. Net +49.6%.

My ABT $47.50 covered calls are for May, so those shares haven't been called yet. The WYN $45 covered calls did expire ITM so my shares closed out. Net +3.0%.

Other cases were CMI and MPEL, and to a lesser extent SPRD, STLD, SCCO, all rebounding somewhat. But at least I called it right by selling my SIMG puts and HMY calls.

And in the rear view mirror department, perhaps I should have bought ATLS calls instead of OAS, up 23.5% Friday. It wasn't because I didn't consider it.

No comments:

Post a Comment